BNLX photo by Ed Fruin
Bill Pearis writes about the latest BNLX action in Brooklyn Vegan…
BNLX, Minneapolis’ premier psychedelic/noise/punk/situationist/”music” group, are set to release their eighth eponymous EP in April. It’s lead single is the very catchy “Opposites Attract” and we’ve got the premiere of it’s music video, filmed in Buenos Aires while on tour in South America. You can watch it below. If you want to play catch-up on their previous seven EPs, their compilation, Produit Collecté, is out now and if you order the vinyl, you also get a download of all the EPs in full (including the new one.) You can stream Produit Collecté below too.
BNLX will be on tour in May and while we wait for details on that, the group have also remixed a single from Swedish noir-gaze outfit Blackstrap. The track, “Make Sense Make Change” features Victoria Bergsman of Taken by Trees/Concretes, and features on the band’s forthcoming TBA album. Stream the remix and the original below.
New video for “Opposites Attract” off of BNLX EP #8. Shot on location in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
BNLX, the psychedelic/noise/punk/situationist/”music” entity headquartered in Minneapolis, MN, has an agenda of activities which it would like to share with you.
- BNLX is pleased to announce the imminent release of its EP #8 music product. The EP contains four new compositions: “Opposites Attract”, “Permageddon”, “Rapture Me Now”, and “Mass Ejection”. This product will be available in handmade physical CD form directly from BNLX, digitally via iTunes, Amazon, Spotify and those other sites, and also via piracy on the Internet.
- “Opposites Attract”, which kicks off the EP, is the designated “emphasis track for media”, and as such is the subject of a music video. This video was shot in Buenos Aires, Argentina during recent BNLX tour activities. It juxtaposes grimy urban imagery with the high energy lifestyle of a touring psychedelic/noise/punk/situationist/”music” group. Please note that the group is not actually performing the song live in this video, although it may appear so…http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAdc0XFXwzA
- BNLX has recently created a remix of a track for Swedish electro-shoegaze-psych heroes BLACKSTRAP. The song, “Make Sense Make Change”, features an amazing lead vocal by Victoria Bergsman (The Concretes/Taken By Trees/Peter, Bjorn and John “Young Folks”) Blackstrap’s original version was one of the best songs of 2013 in our opinion. We upped the tempo and brought in the noise, as is our way. You can check it out here…https://soundcloud.com/blackstrap/blackstrap-make-sense-make
- The BNLX album Produit Collecté (Collected Product) will receive a full national release in early April. The LP/CD/deluxe digital album rounds up songs from the band’s now out-of-print EP 1-7 releases. This release had been available exclusively at the BNLXFest II shows last November (as well as local Minneapolis record retailers), but due to ongoing requests we have decided to give it proper nationwide distribution. For more information on this release, please visit http://bnlx.bandcamp.com
- BNLX will resume its touring activities in May with dates on the US east coast, and June with a return to the west coast. Full details will be made available as appropriate via our normal web channels: http://facebook.com/bnlxmusic, http://bnlx2day.com, http://twitter.com/bnlx2day.
Thank you for your interest in BNLX.
Available exclusively from BNLX-not on iTunes or other digital retailers yet! Order it from us now!
Produit Collecté collects tracks from the handmade (and now out-of-print) series of BNLX quarterly EP’s. The physical LP and CD versions feature 14 highlight tracks. An accompanying download card (included with both the LP and CD) contains all 32 tracks from the BNLX EP #1-8 releases, newly remastered and more awesome than ever, over 103 minutes of “music”!!! That’s a lot of indie rock per dollar!
Track listing for the physical vinyl LP and CD: 1. Opposites Attract 2. Do Without 3. Blue and Gold 4. Frogger 5. LMAO (CMEO) 6. Where Is the Love 7. BNLX Today 8. See What I See 9. Over the Horizon 10. Vaporize 11. You Left Me Here 12. Dance Dance Dance (on the radio) 13. Back in Your Hole 14. Rise Above
Tracklisting for the Deluxe Digital Edition download available exclusively with both LP + CD physical releases: this WILL NOT be available via iTunes or digital retailers. Includes all 32 tracks from BNLX EP’s 1-8, over 100 minutes of “music” total. This Deluxe Edition also includes all four tracks from the forthcoming EP 8 release which won’t be officially released until 2014!
- Do Without 2. You Left Me Here 3. LMAO (CMEO) 4. Row and Row
- Where Is the Love 6. Got Need 7. Espionage 8. Frogger (Laissez les Bon Temps Rouler)
- Blue and Gold 10. Just Got Paid 11. When I Knock 12. BNLX Today
- When Doves Cry 14. Shut UP and Drive 15. Rise Above 16. Soul Desert
- Burn the Boats 18. Back in Your Hole 19. Garbage Strike 20. It Was a Good Day
- Vaporize 22. Over the Horizon 23. Dance Dance Dance (on the radio) 24. Living in Exile
- See What I See 26. Meet Me on the Barricades 27. Round the Dial 28. Video Games
EP 8 (NEW! exclusive to this release):
- Opposites Attract 30. Permageddon 31. Rapture Me Now 32. Mass Ejection
City Pages Gimme Noise blog breaks the news on the BNLXFest II lineups for Nov. 15-16, premieres the brand new BNLX track “Opposites Attract”, and talks about the new LP and EP releases. Here are all the details!!!