BNLX, the psychedelic/noise/punk/situationist/”music” entity headquartered in Minneapolis, MN, has an agenda of activities which it would like to share with you.
- BNLX is pleased to announce the imminent release of its EP #8 music product. The EP contains four new compositions: “Opposites Attract”, “Permageddon”, “Rapture Me Now”, and “Mass Ejection”. This product will be available in handmade physical CD form directly from BNLX, digitally via iTunes, Amazon, Spotify and those other sites, and also via piracy on the Internet.
- “Opposites Attract”, which kicks off the EP, is the designated “emphasis track for media”, and as such is the subject of a music video. This video was shot in Buenos Aires, Argentina during recent BNLX tour activities. It juxtaposes grimy urban imagery with the high energy lifestyle of a touring psychedelic/noise/punk/situationist/”music” group. Please note that the group is not actually performing the song live in this video, although it may appear so…http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAdc0XFXwzA
- BNLX has recently created a remix of a track for Swedish electro-shoegaze-psych heroes BLACKSTRAP. The song, “Make Sense Make Change”, features an amazing lead vocal by Victoria Bergsman (The Concretes/Taken By Trees/Peter, Bjorn and John “Young Folks”) Blackstrap’s original version was one of the best songs of 2013 in our opinion. We upped the tempo and brought in the noise, as is our way. You can check it out here…https://soundcloud.com/blackstrap/blackstrap-make-sense-make
- The BNLX album Produit Collecté (Collected Product) will receive a full national release in early April. The LP/CD/deluxe digital album rounds up songs from the band’s now out-of-print EP 1-7 releases. This release had been available exclusively at the BNLXFest II shows last November (as well as local Minneapolis record retailers), but due to ongoing requests we have decided to give it proper nationwide distribution. For more information on this release, please visit http://bnlx.bandcamp.com
- BNLX will resume its touring activities in May with dates on the US east coast, and June with a return to the west coast. Full details will be made available as appropriate via our normal web channels: http://facebook.com/bnlxmusic, http://bnlx2day.com, http://twitter.com/bnlx2day.
Thank you for your interest in BNLX.
BNLX returns to NYC Pianos on Thursday 11/21! We play at 10:00, followed by our friends Eastern Hollows and The Veda Rays. We’ll have vinyl and CD’s of our brand new Produit Collecté album, plus we saved a handful of the LAST REMAINING COPIES ANYWHERE of the EP #8 handmade CD’s! RSVP to the Facebook event for the show here!
Available exclusively from BNLX-not on iTunes or other digital retailers yet! Order it from us now!
Produit Collecté collects tracks from the handmade (and now out-of-print) series of BNLX quarterly EP’s. The physical LP and CD versions feature 14 highlight tracks. An accompanying download card (included with both the LP and CD) contains all 32 tracks from the BNLX EP #1-8 releases, newly remastered and more awesome than ever, over 103 minutes of “music”!!! That’s a lot of indie rock per dollar!
Track listing for the physical vinyl LP and CD: 1. Opposites Attract 2. Do Without 3. Blue and Gold 4. Frogger 5. LMAO (CMEO) 6. Where Is the Love 7. BNLX Today 8. See What I See 9. Over the Horizon 10. Vaporize 11. You Left Me Here 12. Dance Dance Dance (on the radio) 13. Back in Your Hole 14. Rise Above
Tracklisting for the Deluxe Digital Edition download available exclusively with both LP + CD physical releases: this WILL NOT be available via iTunes or digital retailers. Includes all 32 tracks from BNLX EP’s 1-8, over 100 minutes of “music” total. This Deluxe Edition also includes all four tracks from the forthcoming EP 8 release which won’t be officially released until 2014!
- Do Without 2. You Left Me Here 3. LMAO (CMEO) 4. Row and Row
- Where Is the Love 6. Got Need 7. Espionage 8. Frogger (Laissez les Bon Temps Rouler)
- Blue and Gold 10. Just Got Paid 11. When I Knock 12. BNLX Today
- When Doves Cry 14. Shut UP and Drive 15. Rise Above 16. Soul Desert
- Burn the Boats 18. Back in Your Hole 19. Garbage Strike 20. It Was a Good Day
- Vaporize 22. Over the Horizon 23. Dance Dance Dance (on the radio) 24. Living in Exile
- See What I See 26. Meet Me on the Barricades 27. Round the Dial 28. Video Games
EP 8 (NEW! exclusive to this release):
- Opposites Attract 30. Permageddon 31. Rapture Me Now 32. Mass Ejection
City Pages Gimme Noise blog breaks the news on the BNLXFest II lineups for Nov. 15-16, premieres the brand new BNLX track “Opposites Attract”, and talks about the new LP and EP releases. Here are all the details!!!
BNLX, the Minneapolis-based noise pop “music” group, is pleased to announce its new Program of Prosperity and Production. This multi-dimensional Program, building on the unequivocal success of the BNLX First One Year Plan (and its extensions), is designed to consolidate existing market share while also presenting new vectors for synergistic growth opportunities.
There are three primary components to the Program:
1. BNLXFest 2: the popular BNLX-curated music festival returns to Cause Minneapolis on Nov. 15+16th. Last year’s festival was a mind-blowing weekend of fun and sensory stimulation, and this one promises to be even more so. The full lineup, which includes a very diverse range of both established and new Minneapolis indie rock artists, will be released in early October.
2. BNLX EP #8: the first new BNLX audio content since the band’s debut LP will be released in early November. Lead single “Opposites Attract” is already considered by early listeners to be the best BNLX track ever, and it will be previewed to the world in mid-October.
3. Produit Collecté – an assemblage of tracks from BNLX EP’s 1-8: The handmade physical releases of BNLX EPs 1-7 have been out of print for some time and are now collectors items. To service market demand, as well as to rationalize product profiles and SKU’s, we present Produit Collecté – a fourteen song vinyl LP “best of” release that offers a representative sampling of “musical” highlights from all of the BNLX EP releases. Accompanying the first 500 copies of the vinyl is a download card to access the full 32-track BNLX EP collection, now newly remastered and presented in archival form, and including the brand new EP #8. This release will also appear in early November.
Please monitor BNLX communications on the Internet and via social media as we will be continuously updating with details concerning the Program of Prosperity and Production, the BNLXFest, and the new products.
Thank you for your interest in BNLX.